FAQs: Resident & Parent/Guarantor Information
Who do you rent to?
- We welcome anyone to live at The Preserve at Tuscaloosa! Although we are not affiliated with the university, we do attract student renters and university employees due to our proximity to campus, onsite amenities and large floor plans.
Where is the leasing office?
- Visit us at 301 Helen Keller Blvd. Tuscaloosa, AL 35404
When will renovations start?
- Our full scale renovation of The Preserve at Tuscaloosa is underway with new 1, 2 and 4 bedrooms ready for summer move-in.
Are you pet-friendly?
- The Preserve at Tuscaloosa is pet-friendly. Please call our office for associated fees and policy.
What floor plans do you have?
- The Preserve at Tuscaloosa has a variety of floor plan styles including 1, 2, and 4 bedroom apartments. View our Floor Plans from the left-hand menu.
What if I do not have roommates in mind?
- That’s no problem at all! We can assist with roommate matching.
What is an individual lease?
- When you sign an individual lease, you are only responsible for your rent; in other words, you have no liability for the rent of the other apartment residents. If your roommate transfers or graduates, you have nothing to worry about! That is a significant advantage over the joint and several leases used at rental houses and other apartment properties where each resident is liable for the rent of all residents in the unit.
What's Included In Rent?
- All of our floor plans include high speed internet, pest control, an appliance suite and your own washer and dryer. We also offer fully furnished options for a small fee.
What are your lease terms?
- The Preserve at Tuscaloosa offers 12 month installment leases.
Do you offer short-term or semester leases?
- We typically do not sign leases less than 12 months, but call our office to ask if we have any specials.
Is The Preserve at Tuscaloosa furnished?
- We offer both furnished and unfurnished options. Make sure to visit our floor plans page for more info.
Is there onsite parking?
- Yes, there is plenty of onsite parking for resident and guests within our gated community.
Do I need a lease guarantor?
- We screen all our applicants and require a guarantor or additional security deposit on all leases. The security deposit varies by floor plan. You can ask a leasing specialist by calling our office today!
Is Renter's Insurance Required?
- Yes, our community requires each resident carry an active tenant liability policy for damage to the landlord’s property during the term of their lease. We require a minimum of $100,000 in general liability coverage and also recommend contents coverage, or personal property insurance.